To the TRIANGLE Region of North Carolina
The Triangle Welcomes You!
The Research Triangle, commonly referred to as "The Triangle", is a region of the Piedmont in North Carolina anchored by our three major Universities: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina State University, and Duke University. The number of counties within the region varies by definition, but Wake, Durham and Orange are considered the three core counties. The term "Triangle" originated in the 1950's with the development of Research Triangle Park, home to many high-tech companies.
The four major cities/towns within the Triangle are: Raleigh, Cary, Durham, and Chapel Hill. Other neighboring communites include: Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Morrisville, Wake Forest, Wendell, and Zebulon. Pittsboro in Chatham County and Clayton in Johnston County are other popular nearby towns.
EXPLORE THE TOWNS OF THE TRIANGLE
Click the town name below the image to visit the town website
WHAT'S THE COST OF LIVING?
Click the image below to view current forecast for the Triangle.
Here in the Triangle we take pride in the variety and diversity of job opportunities and employers. From Fortune 100 companies to new start-ups, public or private sector, we have it all!
Click on the picture to visit the county site for a list of major employers.
(Click the image below to visit the school system website)
(Click the image below to see a list of Private Schools by County)
(Click the images below to visit each school's website)
(Click the images below to view each school's website)
Need other reasons to LOVE the Triangle?
How about LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!! Imagine living 2 hrs from the Atlantic Ocean, 3.5 hours from the Blue Ridge Mountains, with 4-lane highway systems for easy travel!! Also, because of its location on the East Coast I-95, and I-40 provide smooth and simple travel to breathtaking sights. Don't forget about Raleigh Durham International Airport (RDU), which provides over 400 flights on eight major airlines to nearly 40 non-stop destinations each day!!
North Carolina Coast North Carolina Mountains
Almost all colleges and universities have an athletics department.
2017 List of James Beard Award Semifinalists of the Triangle
Because Local is better! Click the restaurant name to visit their website and see a menu!
Other Noteworthy Restaurants in our area:
(Click the link below the image for more information on that park)
Pet Specialty Stores
(Click the link below the photo to go to the store website)
PARKS & RECREATION
WORLD RENOWN HEALTH CARE
We have three major hospitals (Duke, UNC, and WakeMed) in the Triangle, each with multiple locations throughout the region.
Wake Med Hospital UNC Chapel Hill Hospital Duke Raleigh Hospital
Here are just a few of the impressive and outstanding rankings that the Triangle area has received in the last couple of years!
- #1 Ranked "BEST" Big City in the Southeast - Money Magazine, September 2016
- #2 Easiest City to Find a Job - Forbes, September 2016
- #2 America's Hottest Spots for Tech Jobs - Forbes, August 2016
- #3 America's Best Cities for Young Professionals - Forbes, March 2016
- #7 Hottest Startup Hubs Outside of Silicon Valley - Triangle Business Journal, February 2016
- #5 America's Next Boom Towns - Forbes, January 2016
- #3 Best Cities for Young Families - Value Penguin, February 2016
- #1 Growth State in the United States - Triangle Business Journal, February 2016
- #5 Best City to Live and Work - Robert Half Career City Index, February 2016
- #1 Metro for Life Sciences Clusters - Business Facilities, August, 2015
- #1 Metro for STEM Leadership - Business Facilities, August 2015
- #2 Metro as a Tech Job Leader - Business Facilities, August 2015
- #3 Metro for Economic Growth - Business Facilities, August 2015
-#3 City with the Most Access to Quality Healthcare, August 2016
- #3 Best City to Live in NC - Livability.com, 2016
- #6 Best City for Women in the Workforce - Nerd Wallet, April 2016
- #5 Most Educated Mid-Sized Metro - Headlight Data, January 2016
- #6 Small City for Economic Potential - Financial Times, November 2015
- #6 City for Advanced Manufacturing - Business Facilities, August 2015
- #6 Most Affordable Cities to Live in NC - Livability.com, 2016
- #36 Top 100 Best Places to Live in the United States for 2016 - Livability.com
- #7 Best Foodie City for 2016 - Livability.com
- #5 Best City for Entrepreneurs - Entrepreneur Magazine, July 2016
- #2 Most Affordable Cities to Live in NC - Livability.com, 2016
- #2 Up-and-Coming Cities for Tech Jobs - Raleigh/Cary - Zip Recruiter, July 2015
- #1 Best City in NC to get a Job - Zippa, June 2015
- #6 Safest City in NC - CreditDonkey, February 2016
- #1 Best City to Live in America , 2015
- #4 Safest Places to Live in NC - Motovo.com, 2015
- #1 Safest Town in NC & #51 Safest in the United States - Neighborhood Scout, February 2016
- #3 Best City in NC for Young Families - Neighborhood Scout, February 2016